Image Map

Friday, July 31, 2015

You can do hard shit




For those that didn't follow my old blog, here is a little back story on my life.

I went to college out of high school and was there for 3 years ended up having not 1 but 2 back surgeries within months of each other. Woke up from my second with no feeling in my lower right leg from my knee to my toes.

I was in physical therapy 3x's a week for 6 months learning how to walk again. It was HARD!!!!! 

After a slight detour in my life of finding myself I guess we will call it, I worked my butt off and got back into school. 

In the midst of this I began to run, it was my escape it was my way to get out everything I couldn't or rather shouldn't say out loud. I wasn't fast or out to be the fastest I just needed a way to escape.

I then decided to run a half marathon and that ish was hard!!!! Just 4 short years before that I was learning how to walk again and now I'm going to RUN 13.1 miles!! It was official I had lost my ever lovin' mind. I started training one day and just went with it. 

Lets recap--I am back in school and the oldest in a vast majority of my classes and that's hard and now I'm training to run a half marathon and guess what that is hard too!!!!

I ran that half marathon and I walked across that stage with my college diploma!!! I did HARD SHIT!!! And as scary as it is you can to. 

When I moved to the bay and started my new job I thought for sure that I was going to get fired or I was going to quit, it was HARD!!! I have a picture of me with my medal after my half in my office and when I look at that picture I'm reminded that I CAN DO HARD SHIT and I may come out on the other side a little more bruised and banged up but I freaking did it!!

Don't let fear keep you from getting your dream, remember that you can do hard shit and when you cross that finish line or walk that stage with a diploma it is worth every bit of sweat, blood, and tears it took to get you there!!!






Image and video hosting by TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. I love this! You certainly can do hard shit girl. I know I've thought of you a time or two when I thought I couldn't do something and you've helped me push through.

    ReplyDelete