So yes I realize this post is a little late in the year or I'm way ahead however you want to look at it.
I have been evaluating my life lately and I'm just not happy with myself or where I am. Granted there are some things that I can't change, however there are a lot that I can change.
1. Drink more water: yes I know that sounds silly, but I hate drinking water and I typically will go all day without drinking anything except for whatever it is I took my medicine with that morning. This week however I have drank 3 gallons of water. One Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and am currently working on mine for today.
2. Exercise more: There was a time that I would run 4 or 5 miles just for the heck of it, now I can hardly run 1 without stopping. This week I ran a little over 1 mile on Monday and 2 yesterday. I plan on running again tomorrow. With the awful blisters I get it is super hard for me to run everyday so every other will work for now. I go at lunch because I only get 30 mins and I don't have anyone to go to lunch with and I normally just sit at my desk and end up working. So why not go run.
3. Read my Bible more: At one point I was reading my Bible every single night before bed one chapter out of a book a night, and I was a much happier person. I guess my excuse has been that I stubbed my big toe because really I don't have one for not doing it more often. The last few morning I have woken up way before my alarm and instead of looking at Facebook I have been reading the Bible. My days seem to go a lot better/
4. Pay off debt: While in college I didn't make the most money and getting bills paid and caught up was a hassle. Now with a more steady income I am finally able to get caught up, I mentioned earlier this week about picking up a part time job and I am excited to start so that I can continue to pay things off. Then put all my energy into those evils student loans for the next 360 months (feel the air leave as I get punched in the gut) and saving some money.
5. Be thankful for this season: It is so hard for me to just be content with where God has me and I am going to really start working on focusing on all the things I do have in my life as opposed to all the things I don't have. I am thankful I have a job, thankful my car still runs, thankful that I have my family and friends, thankful for my health, and thankful for the bad days because it makes the good days so much sweeter. :)